A roofing estimate is the first step in getting a new roof or roof repairs taken care of quickly. This is an opportunity for you to learn about the condition of your roof as well as what steps are necessary to protect your home.
It’s always best to work closely with a company you can depend on to help you get a fair, but comprehensive estimate. Not all roofing companies offer the same service, but there are a few things you can expect.
What to Ask Roofing Companies During Your Estimate
An estimate is an opportunity for a roofing company to come to your property, inspect the roof, and offer an estimate for the costs to replace or repair the structure. The roofing estimate should include the following. If it does not, or you are unsure, be sure to ask questions.
- An outline of what’s wrong with the roof and areas of concern; this should include a description of areas of damage.
- A list of the steps taken, including whether the current roof will be removed or if a new roof will be added to the top, a full description of the work, including what types of sealant are used.
- An estimate on the cost of materials based on the products you like and want to purchase – if you have not picked out a roofing material yet, the estimate should state a range based on available products.
- A clear description of the cost of labor for the project
- All fees associated with the project including any costs associated with permits, fees for hauling away material, dumpster rentals, or any other associated cost
Be sure to discuss the details of the project, too, such as when the project will start, estimated time of completion, and all types of guarantees provided within the purchase. If you have questions, don’t put off asking before agreeing to the contract with the roofing companies.