Parquet flooring is one of the most popular types of flooring these days. It is made of different grains of wood, creating a unique pattern. Here’s why you should consider installing parquet flooring:
1. Appealing Appearance
Parquet flooring can match any lifestyle, look, and taste because of its sophisticated look. Since different pieces of wood create a pattern, you can choose the one that spruces up your entire décor.
2. Easy to Clean
When it comes to easy cleaning, parquet flooring turns out to be the best option. That’s because these floors are very easy to clean and maintain. You can maintain them with a routine sweeping and mopping. If your parquet floor gets stained or spilled accidentally, wipe them up as quickly as possible. The surface of the parquet flooring doesn’t hold the stains easily.
Another good reason to choose parquet flooring is that it is incredibly durable and can withstand regular wear and tear while maintaining its appearance for many years. Since it’s made from hardwood, the flooring can last for more than 50 years with good care.
4. Allergen Free
Is anyone from your home suffering from allergies? Then parquet flooring could be a wonderful solution as it doesn’t trap allergens the way other flooring surfaces can. Many people with pets also consider this flooring as it won’t hold onto the pet dander.
5. Budget Friendly
Worried about the cost? Don’t worry; parquet flooring fits almost any budget. Since it comes in a huge range of wood types and finishes, you can choose the one that meets your budget.
Now that you know the amazing ben benefits of parquet flooring, you’ll want to know to look after these floors. Continue reading to learn how to keep your parquet flooring in the best condition possible.
Ways Of Looking After Your Parquet Flooring
Whether you already have parquet flooring in your home or you have decided to install it, the following are a few tips to protect these floors from looking new and glossy:
- Installing a carpet at the entrance door can help prevent your parquet floors from dirt, dust, and grime.
- While having parquet flooring at home, it’s recommended not to wear shoes inside.
- Cover the base of your furniture with protectors to keep the flooring surface protected from scratches and dents.
- If your parquet floors accidentally get spilled or stained, dry them immediately using a soft, damp cloth.
- To clean these floors, always try to use the appropriate cleaning products. You can also make a DIY cleaner at home by mixing a few drops of essential oil and vinegar to preserve the flooring surface naturally.
- To protect parquet floors from discoloration, do not let direct sunlight fall on them.
- Always use the right vacuum. Only use the special bristles and brushes designed specifically for these floors.
With these simple tips and tricks, you can keep your parquet flooring looking best for a longer time.