After an accident, it is not possible for any of us to gather important evidences like collection of insurance information, taking pictures of the accident location, or any other critical information. This is because you will likely be admitted to a hospital after an accidentl. However, it is the duty of the police officer to investigate the case and make a report. The reports will consist of the following details.
- List of the parties involved in the accident
- insurance and contact information of the individual drivers involved in an accident
- Summary of the accident
- Information related to damages caused
- Name and contact details of the eye witnesses
Filing personal injury lawsuits for obtaining compensations:
In order to recover your economic and non-economic damages after an auto accident, there is only one best option for you- i.e. taking legal help from the best auto accident attorney. The lawyers in New York are highly experienced and skillful and they know how to deal with the insurance companies and the opponent parties. An experienced attorney can help you in the following way:
- can obtain police reports
- can preserve evidences
- has network of experienced working groups for further investigation of the case
- Can work with the medical workers in order to determine the injuries and the compensations that you should receive depending on your injuries
- Can file a lawsuit
- Negotiating with the opponent parties and insurance companies to finalize your claim
- If your case remain unsettled, then the lawyer may take the case to court for a satisfactory judgment from the jury
It is very important to preserve the car evidences before it is lost forever. For this, you should immediately contact a motorcycle accident attorney in case you had a motorcycle accident. Accident reports are very crucial for supporting your claims. Some of the other evidences of accidents that you should preserve include:
- Police report– To claim your compensations from an insurance company, you have to produce a police report. Contact the officer and ask him when he will give you the report.
- Records of car maintenance– The opponent party may try to reject your claims or give you a lower settlement by demonstrating that the accident took place because there is a fault in your car. So keep a record of your car maintenance to add strength to your case.
The other things that you should preserve include the medical receipts and the records of work leave during recovery. However, if you have been injured by slip and fall accidents make it a point to immediately contact a slip and fall accident lawyer. New York is home to some of the experienced lawyers from different fields. You may choose one depending on your personal requirement.